Spooky Strawberries: no bake Halloween treats
Looking for a simple recipe to make this Halloween? These no-bake chocolate covered spooky strawberries are scary, easy, quick, and delicious. This original recipe is perfect to get you in the mood for the season!
Prep time: 20 minutes
¼ cup white chocolate chips
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
Yellow food coloring
Red food coloring
1 microwave-safe cup
1 Ziploc baggie
1 pair of scissors
- Pour white chocolate chips into a microwave safe cup and microwave for 30-second intervals. Stir with spoon in between each interval. Continue until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir well and let chocolate stand for 3 minutes.
- While chocolate cools, rinse and dry strawberries.
- Place 1 sheet of parchment paper onto a plate.
- Insert 1 toothpick into the leaf-end of each strawberry.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate, coating it completely. Place the dipped berry on the paper-covered plate. Repeat until 5 strawberries are coated in white chocolate.
- Add 2 drops red food coloring and 4 drops yellow food coloring into the remaining melted chocolate. Stir well.
- Repeat step 6 with the remaining 5 berries.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate into a microwave-safe Ziploc baggie. Release any extra air in the bag.
- Microwave the bag for 30 second intervals. Press on the chocolate within the bag in between intervals. Continue until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Cut a small hole in the edge of the bag.
- Using the dark chocolate, pipe your favorite spooky designs onto the berries.
- Chill for 30 minutes inside a refrigerator.
Did you try this recipe? Comment below or tag @ConantCrier on Twitter to let us know how they turned out!