VIDEO: How to make a “hearty” Valentine’s Day breakfast
These delicious pancakes are a perfect breakfast to serve this Valentine’s Day. Watch the video to learn how to prepare red velvet pancakes for your family, friends, or a special someone.
- Any kind of red velvet cake mix should work.
- After you have added the cake mix and flour, keep stirring until the batter is smooth and consistent.
- Keep the fire on medium low, or your pancakes will be burnt easily.
- Air bubbles will usually rise to the surface when the pancake is close to being ready to be flipped. However, this is not always the case, so it is good to occasionally check if the pancake is ready to flip by sliding your spatula under the edge of the pancake. If you are able to lift the edge of the pancake without it falling apart, it is time to flip it.
- Flipping the pancake
- Use your spatula to loosen the edge of the pancake by repeatedly sliding it under the pancake.
- Once the edges are loosened enough, slide you spatula under the pancake as far as it can go.
- Quickly flip the pancake and don’t move it until the other side is cooked.
- Heart shaped pancakes
- Take ⅛ cup of batter at a time to form each side of the heart.