VIDEO: Thanksgiving cake pops, pilgrim style
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and everyone is preparing for the big feast. Between stuffing the turkey, mashing the potatoes, and preparing the cranberry sauce, you can throw in this fun Thanksgiving-themed dessert to delight your family and make the night extra special!
Candy Melt Instructions:
- Place the candy melts in a bowl or mug.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the candy melts.
- Repeat steps two and three until completely melted.
Note: There should be instructions on the bag of candy melts as well.
- If you use a super moist cake mix, add less water. For example, I used a super moist chocolate cake mix, which called for 1 ¼ cups of water, but I only used 1 cup. This helps keep the cake pop from crumbling.
- After you flour the pan, shake off excess into the garbage.
- Use a knife to loosen the sides of the cupcakes when you take them out.
- When you insert a cake pop stick, push the melted candy from the side into the hole you previously made.
- Add vegetable shortening to the candy melts and microwave them again. The candy melts should have a very thin consistency.
- Use a knife to trim off the excess candy melt around the covered cake pops once they dry.